Peanut sauce, slaw & rice noodles
- 3½ oz rice noodles
For the chicken
- Chicken breast
- Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- Dried rosemary
- Dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Curry powder
- Sesame seeds
- Plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons
- Peanut butter, 1 tablespoon
- Ginger, grated
- 🍋Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the slaw
- Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- Snap peas, raw or blanched
- Radish, sliced
- Carrot, grated
- Chile, sliced
- Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon
- 🍋 Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
- Put a grill pan on a high heat.
- In a bowl, cover the noodles with boiling kettle water to rehydrate them.
- Rub the chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a small pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then grill for 8 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, turning halfway.
- Trim the vegetables and thinly slice or you can use a food processor.
- Dress with the juice of 1 lemon and soy sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter with the yogurt and the juice of the remaining lemon, peel and finely grate in the ginger, mix, taste, and season to taste.
- Remove the chicken and slice.
- Lightly toasting the sesame seeds in the residual heat of the grill pan and sprinkling them over the chicken before serving.
- Drain the noodles and arrange on the plate topped with the sliced chicken. The slaw and peanut sauce on the sides
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Recipe taken from Jamie Oliver. I used olive oil instead of peanut or groundnut oil, added curry (because I love curry) and some more herbs (well again, because I love herbs) and added raddish.